The 1950s are back with a summer drink
Whether you were there for the 1950s, or remember them, or just want something that tastes like it came out of a time warp, summer time is the time for an authentic 1950s-style ice cream soda. This is one of Bob’s favourites, and indeed, it is he who has brought the recipe along with him through the decades! It is quick and easy to make, and everyone loves it. Play with the recipe and customize it to your taste
- Prepare everything in a blender, and pour straight into glasses and serve;
- Serves three or four, depending on the size of the glasses.
|Nestle Quick powdered or liquid OR
Fry’s cocoa with a little bit of sugar
|Small amount of milk||100 to 125 mL|
|Chocolate ice cream||2 or 3 scoops|
|Soda water||1 can|
- Do everything in the blender;
- First add the chocolate and the milk. Then add the ice cream;
- Cover and blend the chocolate, milk and ice cream mixture. As it is blending, pour in the entire can of soda water. Cover and blend thoroughly;
- The adult version can contain a shot of a compatible liqueur. For example, in Bob’s chocolate ice cream soda, he adds a little Creme de Cacao;
- Pour right away into glasses, and serve. Long live summer!